Monday, June 26, 2006

Bloggin' is like the opposite of life, except not really

I haven't written much here lately, but not because there hasn't been a lot of interesting stuff going on. The easy assumption is that we only blog when there isn't anything else to do; but that's not really how it's ever worked for me. I find I get the most reading or whatever done whenever I'm really busy with a 'day-job'.

Anyway: this weekend. Pride Day in New York City means drag queens drinking way too much and clogging up the streets, a crowd spilling out of Henrietta Hudson until 5 in the morning. Good, clean fun. See photos in [my photo blog] for evidence of same in Jersey City.

Also, LibertyJam took place this weekend and was fun, although severely underattended. Two contrasting attitudes towards politics and performance:

Patti Smith chose to play Steely Dan's "I'm a Fool To Do Your Dirty Work", a song she admitted her band had never even tried to play together before. At the end of the song, she added "Take That, George Bush", or something close. Parliament, on the other hand, at one point unveiled a large, handwritten sign, that simply read "FUCK GEORGE", and got a much bigger round of applause from the audience. I like the work ethic on those guys.

No comments: